I am fine, thank you, thanks for inviting me, my pleasure.
2. You just released the music video for your latest single “International Girl” (which you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kTFjzlQBQo&has_verified=1).
Tell us a bit about the song and the creative process/inspirations behind it.
This is a unique song that celebrates women of different cultures. A song that encapsulates my regarding the opposite sex; appreciating women without any vulgarity.
The international girl video is a masterpiece video showcasing my love for the international girl. The director wanted to focus on my view on the joys of beautiful ladies of all shades, shapes and sizes. Moonblvke (pronounced Moonblake) is the lead model, who brings to life my vision for the beautiful international girl.
3. How did you find filming a music video? Was it a fun experience? Would be great to know what it was like and how it all works behind the scenes.
It was a video shot on set of a beautiful ultra-modern countryside home complete with a pool and very exquisite art pieces. We had some of the most beautiful models and dancers who came to add some glamour to the scenes. Behind the scenes was a great deal of organisation, where there should have been chaos, the set manager was able to get everyone in order, the whole crew were very cooperative and professional. Everyone knew their role and played it well. We had very few takes of each scene, thanks to the cohesiveness on set and how professional the cast were. A thoroughly wonderful experience all round.
4. Your music is a blend of Afrobeats, Pop, Moombathon and a bit of reggae. What inspires you when you’re creating it? Who are the artists you mainly look up to in the industry?
First and foremost, I must give it up to Fela Kuti a chief inspiration and one of the reasons I took up AfroBeats. King Sunny Ade is another Afrobeat artist I take inspiration from. R-Kelly, Michael Jackson are great influences on my singing and performance style, Carlos Santana, Bob Marley are people I greatly admire too.
5. What would you define as the highlight of your career so far?
My collaboration with African superstar Davido for the remix of my single Dengeme is certainly one of the great moments I’m most proud of.
6. Is there anything else you’d like to tell us? Any new releases coming soon, live dates?
My next single is ready, still working on the release date, this is a song that will make you dance, want to party and overall have a great time.
7. Thank you! Where can people find you on socials to keep up to date with your music?
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/omostunnahjidoo
Twitter : https://twitter.com/iamstunnahgee
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/iamstunnahgee
Snapchat : @stunnahgee